Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Love Spring Tag

So I recently saw missglamorazzi's I <3 Spring Tag (Go watch it after you read this post!), and since spring is my favorite season, I decided to do this fun tag.

Here are the questions:
1. Favorite spring nail polish?
2. What is your must-have lip color this spring?
3. Show us your favorite spring dress!
4. What's your favorite flower?
5. Favorite spring scarf/accessory?
6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)
7. Favorite spring candle?
8. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring?
9. What is spring like where you live?
10. What's your favorite thing about spring?
11. Are you a spring cleaner?
12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?


 Yay, let's get started!

1. My favorite spring nail polish: 

Revlon Nail Art Expressionist - Pinkasso




Okay, I cheated a little. This two-in-one nail polish set has two of my favorite spring nail polishes! One side has this beautiful orange-y coral color and the other side has a bright (VERY bright) pink. I feel like both polishes are great pops of color for the springtime and really draws attention to my nails. Overall, I just think they're really fun! Also, a cool thing about this nail polish is that the bright pink side has a thinner brush so you can use it to create cute designs! 


2. My must-have lip color this spring:

Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Sweetheart



Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine
Crayon-like texture

Left: One Layer, Right: Layered on thickly
What it looks like on my lips

I've been really loving Revlon products lately! One of the biggest trends this spring is bright lips which, in my opinion, can be hard to pull off if you look young. Usually I go for the more orange/coral colors that match well with my warm skin tone because I've always felt like fuchsia and magenta colors clashed with my skintone. The Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, for example, really does look good on me. This lip stain, however, for some reason, fits so well with my lip stain. One layer of it is pretty sheer and good for everyday looks, but when I apply more, it still doesn't look unnatural or out of place at all. Also, it doesn't dry out my lips as much as other lip stains though I still make sure I apply chapstick before I use this. 

 3. My favorite spring dress:



 I actually don't have many dresses....weird considering how girly I am. I think it's because dresses don't fit me well since I'm so short. So out of the few dresses that do fit me, this red, polka-dotted, strapless one from Forever21 is my favorite. The back has a peek-a-boo cutout. I feel like it's classic, but fun and cute for the spring/summer. Also, it's the perfect length!


4. My favorite flower: 

Peach Roses

 

I really like peach roses (though daisies and lilies are close seconds!). Of course, I just love the color peach in general, so I probably only like peach roses for their color and not for the flower. Roses are always expected to be dramatic like red or white, but peach is such a soft, pastel in-between color. I think it just really softens the look of a rose. Also, I've always lived in a house with peach roses in the garden, both in California and in New Jersey, so peach roses also remind me of my childhood. It's just the quintessential representation of a spring/summer day as a child :)


5. Favorite spring accessory:

Floral Sunglasses

Floral Sunglasses from Forever21

 

I don't usually wear sunglasses, but when ever since I got these floral ones from Forever21, I've definitely been grabbing them when I go out. The cute floral pattern on it is just super cute for the spring season!


6. My favorite makeup/fashion spring trend:

Neon Colors

 

This could probably go for makeup and fashion, but I'm really loving bright pops of color for the lips and the nails as well as in the overall outfit. I have this crossbody bag for American Eagle that has neon pink lining and it is my favorite bag for the spring and summer because it's so loud and bright. 


7. My favorite spring candle:

Eucalyptus Mint - Bath and Body Works



This is actually my only candle...so I really didn't have much of a choice. I consider it a year-round scent, since it's very calming and relaxing, and overall good for de-stressing. I'm not a huge fan of candles since I find that the smell overwhelms my room, but I do like leaving the top open so that it freshens up the air a bit.


8. My favorite body spray:

Fresh Flowers!



Just kidding! 
 
 My favorite body spray is Pure Seduction by Victoria's Secret. It's described as "A passionate romance of succulent red plum and sweet freesia." I know it sounds extremely suggestive, but it's actually a really fruity and flirty spray. This used to be my favorite spray two years ago, but then I ended up buying J'adore Dior. Since my signature perfume is a little too heavy for summer, I'm starting to transition into using this body spray every day now.



9. What is spring like where you live?

Let me just start out by saying that I hate winter. I hate it. So much. Sure, it's nice when it snows, but it only snows (and I mean real snow, not gross slush) once or twice in three months. The rest of the time is just plain cold. This year, winter has been just refusing to leave. It's already officially spring, and we just had a snow storm a few days ago! The temperature is still in the forties, which is not even warm enough to wear short-sleeves. Excuse me, mother nature, can you please do something about winter?? All I want to do is wear my spring dresses and skirts!


10. What is your favorite thing about spring?

This might sound crazy, but my favorite thing about spring is the scent in the air. I may just be imagining things, but whenever spring comes along, the warmer weather brings in this weirdly delicious scent in the wind. The smell of spring just makes me feel instantly happier. I think I just made myself sound like a dog, but anyway, it's true! Go outside and smell the scent of spring!


11. Are you a spring cleaner?

Yes! I'm one of those people who lets junk collect on the desk until the weekend when I have a massive cleaning session. The same goes for my entire room and house. Typically, every vacation break I have, I dedicate a day to cleaning out my room and my closet. I just throw out everything I don't need and attempt to reorganize one aspect of my room. Something about throwing all this useless stuff out and seeing a clean and organized room just makes me feel as if I'm purging all the stress, worries, and unhappiness out of me.


12. Any plans for Spring break or vacation?

I may be visiting Virginia with my family for a few days, but I'll probably spend the rest of my time de-cluttering my life and my room as well as just hanging out with friends. I'm also hoping that I'll finally be able to exercise outside (-fingers crossed-)!


Whew, that was long! It was still a lot of fun though. I would really like to see other answers to these questions so I tag Michelle and everyone reading this!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment